Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review: Taken by the Others


Taken by the Others
Taken by the Others by Jess Haines

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Wow. Compared to the first book this is unnaturally much better. For one, it was bigger and more explicit on what was going on and why. There was also considerably more action and more twists to the plot. The characters were more easy to relate to and added a more realistic feel to all of it.
Overall it felt more whole and complete than the first.

Regarding the plot...I know all the sweet talking Royce is supposed to make me see him in a better light and actually consider the idea that he'll be a nice friend and possible love interest for Shia but all I could really think during their bond was: Get the f*ck out while you can! Run like hell! Kill him! I know, not very sporting of me considering he only did it to help her and he never reinforced the bond despite her wild pleas to do it when she was in pain but he really freaks me the hell out and I can't even imagine any romance brewing there. It's just so damn creeptacular! Ew.

Chaz kinda disappointed me there at the end when he left her alone with the vamps because he couldn't deal with her heated looks to Royce. I mean, it sucks. No pun intended. But wasn't her fault and it sure as hell wasn't on purpose or something she could stop. He did well however in dealing with the rest of the other crap. He stayed with her and tried very hard to keep her safe and actually acted like a real alpha wolf sometimes like I had hoped.

Arnold and Sara were mostly on the sidelines and although I missed them like crazy, I can't help but be grateful because Max was seriously psychotic and he would have made them in pieces without a second thought or glance.

As a finishing touch,Shia. Well. I can't help thinking she would have a more fulfilling life if she just cut ties to Royce and everything vampire-related. And John? She really did not see that one coming? I kinda did. He was the most obvious backstabbing bastard ever!
I'm considerably also intrigued by Dawn's conversation about elven touch in Shia. Seems there's something there...something I think Royce already knows and might actually explain his interest in Shia. I would like to think she'll pursue this venue but I think it flew right over her head honestly.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment