Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: Agave Kiss


Agave Kiss
Agave Kiss by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I would have called it perfect if Kel hadn't died. I understand why he did but I had hoped he would have time to find some small happiness before finally dyeing. I ultimately started to like Chance and am happy he was able to return but I have always liked Kel better. I don't know it it's just the allure of greatness or of forbidden love but Kel always pulled my heartstrings better than any other character in this book. And he loved Corine. They had such little time together yet he loved her more than life itself. Yes, I am aware Chance gave up his life and even becoming a god for Corine but I really can't help preferring Kel over Chance. Of course I know it would make more sense for it to be Chance. The author also solved the issues with his luck pretty neatly. Corine's sacrifice also left her human and normal just like she always wanted. Can't say I would have made a better job of it myself. I'll always miss Kelethiel though.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment