Creatures of Fire by J.B. Brooklin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'd like to start this review by stating that I feel a little miffed for not being informed this was a series and not a standalone. Having that said...I'm happy for having read it.
Overall the book was enjoyable with some interesting aspects like the world building and the demons. The writing was somewhat difficult to follow and I had some trouble concentrating. Huh. What am I saying? Most of it was just aggravating! The characters, for instance, weren't very likeable either. Sariel was particularly annoying some times, super naive and a little whiny. Alexander didn't do much for me but Tamiro sounded awesome. I really liked reading about him but I kinda missed the romance. I was always hoping for a little something to happen. Loved all the action though. That's what I mostly enjoyed. For me, it totally saved this book.
*I was given this book in exchange for my honest review*
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment