Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review: Switchblade Goddess


Switchblade Goddess
Switchblade Goddess by Lucy A. Snyder

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Ok, so now she wants to resurrect her mother and aunt. Can't say I'm surprised, not really. What does surprise me is her constant willingness to jump into dangerous situations without a second thought when she was tortured for days just a while ago. Oh and the fact that she almost always gets herself and her friends killed really should put a damper on her bold plans but nope...she's going full out, again! Yeah. Try not to lose your leg this time ok?

But I gotta say that's not the most disturbing part...no. The worst part was the torture. Yes. It was in her hellement so it didn't really happen, it was all in her head but for me it was still traumatizing as hell! I really hated that part of the book. I hate stuff like that...I mean I can handle it. I've seen some pretty grotesque stuff on TV and I'm not squeamish or anything but I have a really hard time seeing violence between people. I mostly ignored that part of the book...Apart from that I kind of liked it. It was more dark and somber than the previous ones but it was still enjoyable. Do prepare yourself for blood, entrails and brain matter.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment