Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: The Rebuilding Year


The Rebuilding Year
The Rebuilding Year by Kaje Harper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Did I like every single line or word in this novel? Probably not but I did like the hopeful feeling throughout, the comprehensive world-building, the characters background...just how everything worked well together. Mostly, I simply liked John and Ryan together. I still feel like the author could've gone further in their relationship but what was shown was definitely good enough. They were really good together. Obviously more than physical. A feeling of wholeness difficult to find and recreate. Mark's presence only made it more real as well because he wasn't there just to look pretty in this gay couple's quaint and perfect life. He was there. He had problems. And he was an important part. Very well done. Good HEA.

Rating: 3.5 ★



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment