North of Need by Laura Kaye
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I really liked it but it's so full of clichés and patronizing behaviour towards women (or maybe just humans in general) that I can't, in good conscience, rate this above three stars. A real shame too because I finished this with a great sense of happiness I haven't found in quite some time. I wasn't accosted by love triangles, ex-boyfriends/girlfriends or some sort of fictional conflict. It was mostly smooth sailing and I appreciated that more than I thought I would. The only "hiccup" was when he was hurt by the heat and even that was mostly okay. It was solved quickly and never reached idiotic proportions like in most books. I was a little disappointed by the lack of more Gods tho.
Overall, if you can avoid being pissed by all the scheming Owen does at first, their rushed love affair and Megan's inability of being happy without a man, give it a shot. You may be surprised.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment