Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: Frankie's Vamp


Frankie's Vamp
Frankie's Vamp by Toni Griffin

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



I enjoyed the overall look of this story. I liked how Frankie didn't immediately bed or accept Merrick. How he tried to get to know him better. How he tried to have a relationship with him . How he tried to wait until he trusted him.

Did you notice how I said tried and not achieved? That's because he tried but never really made it work. While he did manage to wait a couple days, I still think it was too rushed. I understand the appeal of mates, of having someone destined to be all you ever hoped to, someone who'll never leave you or betray you. I do get it. It's all very perfect and neat. But it's also full of rules and expectations and you always get these types of fast "relationships" where no work is needed. Every single thing just fits right and you don't get to adjust or fight or be scared and that...just feels fake and plastic.

So...while I enjoyed it, I didn't love it. Wasn't believable. Wasn't even exciting because I already knew how it ended. Same thing with the sex. Been there, done that. Not impressed.

And Merrick was quite dull for a master vampire too.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment