Friday, May 23, 2014

Review: The Backup Boyfriend


The Backup Boyfriend
The Backup Boyfriend by River Jaymes

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



After reaching the end of this story I still can't really say I know Dylan, understand his choices or fears and joys, but I can definitely say I liked him immensely. Alec, on the other hand, was a little more easier to pick out. He wanted someone to share his life with. He may not have gone about the whole thing in the right way but his goal never changed. But Dylan...a whole lot different because he himself hadn't figured it out yet. I really loved him. Warts and all. Such a wonderfully flawed character. A real treat to try to know. Alec was just perfect for him. Brilliant with a side of humility and geekiness. Well done.

The plot is not original. Gay guy falls for "straight" guy. Straight guy doesn't think himself gay and doesn't want to be in a relationship with one. Nothing new, right? But the comprehensive background, the world-building and these characters made all the difference. Seriously well thought out. Great support characters. Good HEA.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment