Red by Kate SeRine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Not bad. Quite a different take on fairy-tales but I gotta say I love it so far. I was always more fascinated by the brother Grimms version than the so-called Disney version. I'm with those who think where there's immense beauty there's always immense darkness, you just have to see it so I am totally in favour of this series...Seems like fairy-tales here don't really have fairy-tale endings and Tales are just as messed up as any Ordinary or even more.
The main character was likeable and she didn't piss me off much so I guess I liked her enough. I was a little disappointed by her taking so long to realize Vlad was the bad guy, and no, I don't think that's much of a cliché because I've read stories where he's a good guy and absolutely loved him. But, in this case, it was so damn obvious that I saw it maybe halfway through the book. Didn't stop me from getting excited reading the end anyway! Specially the parts with Nate. Also a storyline I saw a mile away but fascinated the hell out of me too. Much like a bomb ready to blow up anytime.
I was sorry for Nicky though. I suspected Jules was going to die because I'd read the premise to the 3rd book of this series and it was about him and Trish and so kind of obvious Jules wasn't in the picture anymore...I'd been hoping for a quick divorce but alas death always works best I guess. I really hope Nick gets well.
And I really really hope Vlad gets what he deserves!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment