Friday, June 28, 2013

Review: Declaration of Possession


Declaration of Possession
Declaration of Possession by Maria MoonStar

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I have so many problems with this book I don't even know where to begin. Honestly. The idea of the main plot is not bad, it's creative and interesting. The execution, however, leaves much to be desired. The writing is stilted and forced. The characters are very poorly written and sometimes make no sense whatsoever. More importantly, even after finishing this book I have no idea what the main character is and why people wanted to kill her. I'm also imagining the author thought having two big alpha men after a woman is supposed to be sexy as hell and whatnot and usually I would have agreed but with such a poor formed characters I really can't see it. They were overbearing, forceful and even ridiculous. Tabitha was also a huge disappointment because she only pretended to rebel against their wishes...soon as they caught her she just swooned for them. It was totally predictable. Not to mention the stuff she let them get away with. I'm thinking domestic abuse. Sorry but that's what ultimately their romance screams to me. The only saving point was the god, Drakos. He seemed like the most sane of the bunch actually. Tabitha's brother is kind of creepy. That guy is so obviously hiding something and nobody cares. I just don't know if it was worth my time...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment