Mob Rules by Cameron Haley
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
And I give up...after a whole month trying to read this, I just can't stand it anymore. The premise sounds interesting but the execution...Dear Lord.
I've read a lot of books based in gangs, mafias and other criminal groups and let me tell you: this isn't even close. She's an enforcer? Really? 'Cause I waited 'till more than half this book and did not see more than a simple tug. A very poor one at that. For an enforcer who's supposed to be the right hand of the boss man...she sucks. Her boss is supposedly one of the most powerful sorcerers in the city and she can't even tie her shoes without falling on her ass? Either he's an idiot for keeping her or he's simply not that powerful.
And the amount of totally uninteresting info dumped on the reader...is truly staggering and has absolutely no function in the plot. Mainly it just confused the hell out of me and made me just want to bury this book somewhere dark where I won't be forced to finish it.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment