Caressed by a Crimson Moon by Amanda J. Greene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The Good:
All the romance and I really mean all of it. It was hard and fast and sweet and slow at the same time. Hadrian is simply fascinating. His struggles to become more sane were excruciating to watch and I couldn't help suffering right alongside him. Eva was so naive but so sad, tortured and had such a strong will to survive it was impossible not to cheer for her every time she managed just a little more inch when dealing with Hadrian. The overall situation was such a thrill to
follow and really exciting. It was more brutal than the other relationships for sure, more primal.
The Bad:
Unlike the previous book, this one didn't focus much about the outside world. No other courses of action were shown. It very much based around the romance and although the romance was everything I had hoped I did miss the rest. I also missed the rest about Eva's family. I wished there had been repercussions for her mistreatment and for
their duplicity regarding her lineage to Hadrian. After all he is a King and her father misled him intentionally. I'm guessing he expected the crazed King to kill her before he managed to find out the truth.
Overall:
I'm satisfied. It was enjoyable, funny and dowright exciting to read. I can't wait to read about either Falcon with Queen Sonya and Silvie with Gannon. They both seem to carry a lot of drama!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment