Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
So...I'm crazy for only giving this a three star rating right? In my defence, I wasn't wowed by the execution. I liked the plot well enough and even loved Celaena despite her being a cold-blooded killer. I loved Chaol (what kind of name is that anyway?) and Dorian. Nehemia also turned out to be not only incredibly interesting but also a good friend to Celaena. In short? The plot and the characters did wowed me. But I wasn't keen on the way it was written or how long it took for the story to evolve. There are some parts only tolerable because there's Dorian's and Chaol's banter with Celaena to keep us entertained. I also found the lack of more information about Celaena extremely irritating, how I had to learn things from the bad guy trying to kill her. I did enjoyed the world building immensely. It was bright and full of life one moment and dangerous and creepy the next moment. I loved it. I also have to give praise in building a successful love triangle. Dorian and Chaol are both incredible and even though I felt sorry for Chaol when Celaena was with Dorian, I also felt bad when Celaena ended things with him.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment