Monday, October 28, 2013

Review: Devil at the Crossroads


Devil at the Crossroads
Devil at the Crossroads by Cornelia Grey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Well I wrote a pretty nice review on all the good things this novel offers and I also complained about the ending and my mixed feelings about it. Regretfully, the light went out before I could publish so this is it:

This reinterpretation of the classic faustic myth of making the pact with the Devil at a crossroads is very well done. It was entertaining, intriguing and the rhythm of the story really kept us in the edge until the very end. It was mostly a tale of redemption, sorrow and heartbreak and lastly of that bright light at the end of the tunnel. The ending did annoy me a little though because it was open and not very clear. I also thought the shifts of time were not that necessary but that's more personal taste than anything else. I am a little sorry I won't be able to read about their encounters in the future. I guess I expected a more tangible end something to hold on to.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment