Goblins, Book One by Melanie Tushmore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I didn't particularly like the 1st story. Reminded me too much of slaves, seemed like Wulf wasn't much more than a glorified servant instead of a lover in equal footing and importance. He did all the chores in the house, didn't have anything of his and was basically on a leash (almost literally) and no matter how much you point out someone's pleasure, it's still considered rape if, in the beggining, the person didn't want to do it. I admit in this book it wasn't particularly clear but the notion still stands. I was, however, masterfully entertained by the 2nd story though. I liked Quiller much more than his brother Wulf. He was more assertive, confident and funny. While Wulf seemed to somehow expect to serve someone better than him, Quiller simply assumed charge without actually being obnoxious or hateful. He was vulnerable in his love for Cashel but not in any other aspect which I liked very much. It was fun reading his pranks and even his punishments but more importantly how everything faded in his eyes when Cashiel was around.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment