Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: Storm Born


Storm Born
Storm Born by Richelle Mead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



So the basics are: Genie likes sex with a slightly violent touch and has an addictive personality. She also has no intention of becoming pregnant or a queen. She only manages to resist half of that. I admit that, although I like her a great deal, I'm quite concerned about her future. She seems to fight a lot to then ending up doing whatever the guy she's with wants her to do. She either needs to stand up for herself with them or run like hell. I vote for a little of both. Run like hell from Dorian, who I actually like a lot (go figure!) but also suspect will use her in a heartbeat, and stand up to Kiyo, who is trying bit by bit to dominate her. It's slow and soft enough you don't quite see it but it's there nevertheless. That certainly does not bode well for a healthy relationship with either. Apart from the romantic entanglements...the story in itself is quite intriguing and captivating. I sure want to know more. The author did a wonderful job with the writing, it flows really well and has a great rhythm. The characters really pop and you can see so many sides of them. It's great. I specially like their sense of humour, even when it looks like an accident.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment