Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Death's Daughter


Death's Daughter
Death's Daughter by Amber Benson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



You would think a book about Death would be a little on the grim side (pun intended) but this one was surprisingly humours and even cheery. The writing is good, only some mild errors, and the plot flowed very well. The main character did look slightly more klutz than usual but it was funny to watch so all was forgiven.

However, Callie did seem to forgive and forget way too easily for my tastes. Her mom accused her of kidnapping her father and we never even got to see an apology. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Which you did. Otherwise you wouldn't be reading this. *wink*

Anyway, my point is Callie is flawed. I didn't really pay attention when her age was discussed (if it was) but I'm thinking she's way too childish, immature and naive. I guess that it's supposed to come out as cute but it just irritates the Hell out of me (pun intended again!) specially when she acts all smartass without the smart part. Most of the clues went right over her head 'till the very end and what's with all the sex comments? They became way too ridiculous to even pay attention...Is she a virgin? Because she acted like one. Wait. No...I'm disrespecting virgins. Sorry ladies!

IF Callie was inspired by Buffy...you failed. Like miserably. And I'm not even a Buffy fan. So there.


PS: What's with all the crying too? This girl cried like every five minutes. It got old really fast...like five minutes fast.

PPS: Unfortunately I liked the plot too much to give up reading the next book. Crap.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment