Tempt the Stars by Karen Chance
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I seriously considered start screaming when that curse hit Pritkin. I mean, come on! Was that really necessary? I thought my heart would give out. I really freaked. Really. And then the epilogue came around and I took a breath. A very long breath.
This book was amazing. It's one of my favourites even though there is not enough Pritkin. There is however a whole book about him, about how to get him back and how to keep him, about all Cassie is willing to do to save him and just how much she wants to.
Then there's a small trip back in time to speak with a Goddess, who I might add should have been a little more kind to her daughter and less of an idiot to the Demon Council, although I am glad to see her more human, with flaws just like everyone else, instead of a perfect woman with insurmountable power.
I should probably say I missed Mircea but..I didn't. Not really. I had noticed how controlling he was becoming in previous books and how he always tried to redirect Cassie's attention away every time she asked a pertinent question and I really didn't like it or miss it. I hope Cassie does realize this soon and puts a stop to it before it's too late.
Unlike others I didn't have a problem with the action scenes either. They were pretty complex though and I do understand where they could become overwhelming and confusing. The novel is packed with action to the brim and in Cassie's style, one action scene is right after the other with no breathing stops to even out.
Also even though I thought the book was spectacular (kind of obvious no?) I did notice the main story arc wasn't much touched. The development was mainly in the personal aspect of the main character and no advance in the war with Tony or the Gods was done.
Overall reaction? I miss some people and think some things should have been mentioned or addressed but I don't much care because I loved it. Every single moment. Even the one with the curse because apparently Pritkin needs to have his soul cursed for Cassie to realize she loves him. *rolls her eyes in frustration*
I am also incredibly anxious and curious for the next novel. I really want to see Cassie save Pritkin while dealing with his father's companionship. What can I say? The demon has his moments.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment