Friday, November 15, 2013

Review: Horn Gate


Horn Gate
Horn Gate by Damon Suede

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



It wasn't bad but I sure as hell (pun intended) expected better. The only reason I even give it a three star is because, at least, it was a short book and didn't torture me for long. Don't get me wrong...the plot is sound and creative. I liked the characters, even though we don't actually get to meet any of them well enough but I am sorry I read it . Now I have an unfinished story in more ways than one without a chance to end it. Not really. This seems like a rough draft of a book instead and I feel slightly cheated. I would've been seriously pissed if I'd paid for it. All the buzz surrounding this because of Bad Idea and it falls short. Way short. Talk about vague. Nothing is explained. You're just dropped in the middle. Isaac makes some stupid decisions without actually considering the consequences or what exactly he is doing and we're thrown for a loop trying to cope with such idiocy. And...I'm gonna stop criticizing because otherwise I'll feel compelled to lower the rating. To think I loved Hot Head.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment