Acrobat by Mary Calmes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I gotta say I was a little scared when suddenly they started talking about "submitting" and "owning me" in the middle of the novel but it was just a scare. Nothing with ropes, cuffs or leashes ever came into picture. Thank you. Apart from that...it was very good. I loved both Dreo and Nate immensely. We got to know them pretty well. Nate more so than Dreo but I guess that was kind of expected considering the man was part of the mob. Nevertheless, he sure as hell expressed more feeling than either Nate's ex-boyfriends or hook-ups (yes I'm talking about Sean and Duncan). Sean was an *ss. That's the impression he gave me and Duncan didn't seem much better, although he did seem to be trying at the end. Now the other characters? They were great. Much more than simply support. Really alive and fun and important. I loved Melissa. She was a great ex-wife let me tell you. I also loved the plot and consequent execution. I was not disappointed. Very well written and creative and witty. Glad I gave this one a chance. Very interesting and enjoyable. Perfect HEA. Not completely lame.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment