A Better Man by Jaime Reese
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Better than most m/m romances I've read lately. There was a lot of emotion expressed without being overwhelming or angst ridden and it wasn't insta-love for Matt and Julian either. They clearly liked each other from the start but they took the time to properly know each other and fall in love. I gotta say my only problem with this book was the constant presence of Matt's mother. I'm sorry to say I wouldn't have minded for him to tell her to get lost from the beginning. She was a true bitch who clearly cared more about appearances than her children and I think the time Matt spent thinking and talking with her was a complete waste of time. In my opinion he should have stood up to her a long time ago instead of letting her rule his life and happiness for so long. Apart from that woman's presence however I truly enjoyed everything. Matt was nothing like I actually expected him to be after finding out he was an ex-con...honestly? I thought he was going to be a violent hard-ass man with a lot of issues to get through. Instead he proved to be a sweet heart who cared a lot about everyone around him (even his idiotic mom). Julian was also a big surprise. Attentive, sweet and quite romantic for a big guy. Just knows how much we judge people without reason to. Perfect HEA.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment