Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: The Witch With No Name


The Witch With No Name
The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Almost 2 a.m and yes, I'm still up. Way past my bedtime on a weekday but I sure as hell wasn't going to give up this book right when it was finishing up my favorite story for the last couple years. Just..no way. So I kept reading even after my eyes weren't so focused, after I yawned every five minutes and after I nodded off a couple times too. I am tired as all hell but IT WAS WORTH IT. All hail Kim Harrison. Seriously. Do it.

This book was action-packed, romance-filled and just plain...perfect. And by this, I don't mean to say it was all rose colored. It wasn't. There were bad moments when all seemed lost. When I thought Rachel or Ivy or Trent or Jenks was going to die. When I thought the demons were. When I actually found myself wishing they didn't even after spending more than half this series hating them. When I seriously wanted to kill Cormel and the elves and to hell with Rachel always trying to save everyone. When I found myself crying for Newt, that crazy demon turned goddess. But, amazingly enough, it all blended well at the end. I have no idea what happened to Landon or Cormell. I don't care. I sincerely hope they died alone in some forgotten place but after seeing the rest I just couldn't care less.

Wasn't I shocked when suddenly 27 years had passed? When I read about wrinkles and white hairs? I was. I don't regret it but it truly drove home the end of this series for me and it hurt. I'm happy because it wrapped all my doubts and fears and booted them out of existence but, at the same time, it showed me it was over and done. I will miss everyone like crazy. I already started missing them and it ended just ten minutes ago.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment