Poppy's Pleasure by Stormy Glenn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Rushed, clichéd and anti-climatic which is actually quite hard to achieve when one of your main characters is an assassin, which was also the only reason why I even picked this book up in the first place. I am actually amazed how one can make an assassin look boring. Seriously. Anyway it was done and I was not particularly happy with this development. Took quite the enjoyment out of this story for me and made it look all ordinary and crappy. Ugh. I did "like" the main plot behind the idiotic romance. I had previously read the first book and, while about as poorly written as this one, it did awoke my curiosity about the direction of the main plot and ultimately led me to reading this book. Not sure if happy or not about doing so though...so I'm not sure if I'll bother keeping an eye out for more books. Certainly doesn't feel worthy right now. Too much inconsistency for me.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment