Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review: Mating Games


Mating Games
Mating Games by Stormy Glenn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



'Bout the same as all her other books. Good and bad. World-building is pretty much non-existent, character growth is the same and plot? What plot? I did like the characters, mostly, and I did like the mystery about their situation. Of course that mystery lasted about five seconds but still...it was enjoyable while it did. But, seriously, the plot. Where was it? In fact, how can someone who was abused/raped/tortured for six weeks trust two strange men in less than a day? How can he let himself be approached by them? Let alone sexually? I don't get it. I like a happy ending about as much as anyone else but insta-love and insta-trust do not work for me. In fact, they pretty much detract from the relationship. How can you value a relationship based simply on lust/fate or whatever? They didn't struggle to get together at all. All their supposed hardships were solved almost instantly. How can you connect with characters who have everything just handed to them by fate? You can't.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment