Hawk's Pretty Baby by Lynn Hagen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
What is wrong with a little plot Ms. Hagen? What is wrong with a little world-building? Some slowly developed romance? Some character growth? Mind telling me that, Ms. Hagen? You must have something very against all of that because it's practically non-existent in this book. It's rushed, simplistic and so very ugh...Johnny is weird. Hawk is weird. Their circumstances were weird. Did anyone actually bother to proofread it? Or did you just dump a bunch of words together and called it a novel? No offence but that's what it looks like. If Johnny's circumstances were supposed to make me pity him, you failed. They were unfortunate but I couldn't connect with Johnny enough for it to bother me much. Hawk seemed..."nice" enough I guess but, again, nothing. Other characters? I don't even remember most of their names. Their world? Beats me, I know about as much now as when I started the book. The sex scenes? Lackluster and even a little creepy considering Johnny's background.
Honestly? I got nothing from this book and I want my two hours back.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment