Thursday, September 18, 2014

Review: Karma


Karma
Karma by Donna Augustine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Did I like it? Yes I did. Did I think it was a good ending? No, I don't. It pissed me off to no end because it came out of the blue and left me hanging.

Overall it was good. The main character irritated me a lot but it wasn't insufferable so I kept going. The plot was interesting and the world-building seemed more mysterious than incomplete so I went along with it too. Fate is obnoxious and the main character's reaction to him made me despise her but...again, I went along with it because the plot was good enough to carry my interest. Then the end rolls around without a single warning point and now I'm not sure what to think of it all. I hate that she was made to stay. I hate that she managed to only think of herself at the most stupid times and I hate that she slept with Fate in the first place. Cupid or no. But most of all, I hate that she's as ignorant as ever because of herself and not because she's a transfer or because no one wanted to help her. She did it to herself and I was never much of a fan to begin with. Not sure if worth it to keep going. Not sure if the plot and world-building will be enough next time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment