Raziel by Kristina Douglas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The plot? I loved it. It was different enough from the usual angel/demon thing to make it enjoyable and interesting. The romance? While I appreciated all the effort taken in regards to the sex I wasn't very keen on it. Their first sex scene was way too close to being forced on her for my peace of mind and I can't help thinking she would've chosen differently if she'd been allowed, which she wasn't because he used his powers on her so she couldn't move. For me, it doesn't matter if she ended up enjoying it. A lot. What matters was that she said no and he ignored her. NO is NO. Not a maybe or please make me change my mind kind of thing. So while I enjoyed their bantering and fights? I think she should've found a way to run. Because no matter how you look at it, she never left because she couldn't and not because she didn't want to. For me, that holds more weight that a bunch of hot sex and some destiny.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment