Velvet Haven by Sophie Renwick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
It was...not exactly what I expected. Too much plot and development for a PNR but also way too much angsty romance for a UF and I either expected one or the other and not this convoluted mess. So, while I did enjoy it enough to read it 'till the very end and to admit being slightly curious to know what'll happen later on, I don't think I enjoyed it enough to actually grab the next book and suffer through it. And I can't even say the sex was hot because it was not. It was about as angsty as the rest of the romance between the two main characters and annoyed the living shit out of me. I'm sorry but I simply couldn't put behind me the use of "clenching wombs", "clawing backs", "pink quims" and a vajayjay that "squeezed him like a choking fist" among other lovely visuals. Sorry. Not my thing.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment