Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
DNF'ed at little more than 55%. Why? 'Cause even after reading more than half this book I didn't care to know how it ended. For anyone. The main character is a washed out impression of a bad-ass witch/wizard. She tries but never too hard. Both romantic interests are about as interesting as dung beetles. And the supposed bad-guys? The only one who managed to remotely capture my attention was Lafitte and even him seemed to be too one-dimensional to actually keep my attention. To tell the truth? I was bored out of my mind most of the time. I couldn't connect with a single character. Neither the world-building or the plot was explored well. And basically, I just didn't want to waste any more of my time. Two stars simply for creativity.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment