Dark Kiss Of The Reaper by Kristen Painter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
So...you're telling me the Fates actually made a mistake when they accused Azrael of killing Sara? The Fates? And then decided to compensate said mistake by giving Sara a new life as Lady Death by Azrael's side? Seriously? That's what you went for? About as credible as my bank phoning me and saying they made a mistake and now I have millions in my account.
(I just checked and I'm still as poor as yesterday)
So...the whole plot was just millions shy of credible and I'm not solely referring to the Fades and their mistake. I mean, they meet and fall in love, an angel of death and a mortal. It has been done. Not exactly new or that unbelievable after a few novels. Okay. I can get on board with this. Then Paris happens. The thing with her husband. The diamonds. The marriage. His brother's gifts. The sudden cancer. The whole tragedy. I'm sorry, say what? If this was a more wholesome novel I may have suspended my disbelief long enough to appreciate it. Unfortunately it just wasn't written well enough for me to do it. Much to be desired in the characterization and world-building departments. Certainly nothing worth suspending my belief for.
Rating: 2.5 ★ (half a star for the hot angel)
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment