Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review: Nightwalker


Nightwalker
Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



You know...I liked this book 'till I reached the end. Then? Then I was just depressed as hell. Took the whole joy out of the story. 'Till then I liked the main character, Mira and Danaus. I liked her human bodyguards and, even if I was a little skeptic about Jabari, I certainly didn't hate him and much less expected him to be such a backstabbing *sshole. Now I just want to crawl into my bed, sleep and forget this book. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's very well written and accomplished. The characters were well built. They felt realistic and fun to get to know. The plot was complex and compelling. It was just plain good. But that end really bugged me. I can't believe it ended in such a sour note specially considering the rest of the book wasn't that happy to begin with. Mira's reveal as a weapon that can be controlled by Jabari, Sadira and a couple select more was heartbreaking, frustrating and annoying. I liked Mira because she couldn't be easy pushed around by others. This twist just sucked my curiosity towards the next book right out of me. Such a disappointment.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment