Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Okay so Mira wasn't a complete idiot and her actions actually ended up saving her life. Well done. I liked it. Miranda was a very refreshing character. She started weak and finished this book with an incredible inner strength. Amazing character growth. And I loved David. Good balance between the good and bad traits of an alpha. Protective without bordering on stalker and creepy. Strong but not invulnerable. I honestly didn't think we'd get to see so much about his past and present. Most authors prefer to rely on the "mystery vampire" instead but this was definitely a pleasant surprise. And I absolutely loved him as her romantic interest. He was truly amazing and suited for her.
Was this perfect? Not really. Some of her thoughts were really depressing and frustrated me to no end. The world-building was good but the romance took way too much space. I didn't like Sophie's death. Mira and David's time apart was way too angsty for me too but ultimately? I think this actually surpassed my expectations.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment