Don of the Dead by Casey Daniels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Kind of sloppy and inexperient but also good enough for a 1st instalment. Pepper was...difficult to like. I always have a problem with women who jump feet first and think later like her. Not charmed by the whole damsel in distress act much less that of a former white rich girl. I prefer a much deadlier kind of act and seeing Pepper fumble around with the mob just plain gave me the weebie jeebies. Also kind of a big project for a 1st instalment. Made it all seem not only extremely unlikely but also unrealistic as hell. No way should've that ended so well (well being a relative term of course). So...I didn't relate with her, not even when she was getting shot at. The whole thing with both Dan and Quinton didn't help either. Just so...theatrical. The writing is compelling though and the single reason why this even rates a three star rating in my book.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment