Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Review: Frost Moon


Frost Moon
Frost Moon by Anthony Francis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I liked it well enough but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to get me to read the next installment. I don't even know if you can actually call this book UF. I think I read someone say alternative. Personally, I'm not sure about anything regarding this book. I liked Dakota in general but not really if you know what I mean. I can't exactly pinpoint what I actually dislike about her but there is something definitely there. BDSM? Not my thing. Lesbianism? Not against but not my cup of tea either. Street smarts while good also can't cover everything and honestly that's all there is to this arrogant tattooist who claims to be the best but clearly isn't when she simply doesn't know what her "product" can fully do. She apparently spent nine years (!) doing magical tattoos but doesn't know what they do? WTH? Are you serious? Of course you are. Then she involves herself in a murder investigation and gets beaten within an inch of her life. Repeatedly. Does she do the sensible thing and protects herself? Nope. She continues to simply streak around town waiting for another attack. Her final showdown with the bad guy? Simple luck. She was lucky Wulf somehow recognized her in wolf form and didn't eat her. She was lucky Transmonia (or whatever his name was) was being controlled by Valentine and changed sides. She was lucky she wasn't raped and killed. Simple damn luck.

Do I really want to read about an arrogant punk who knows nothing about anything, not even herself and her art? Someone who sometimes gets lucky? I really don't know.

I liked the flow. I liked the plot well enough too and I liked the support characters. I specially liked Wulf. He intrigued the hell out of me and I wanted to know more. Instead he got killed off and now I stand here with only the support characters to entertain me. I don't think they'll be enough to distract me from Dakota's blunders.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment