Dark Currents by Jacqueline Carey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
It was...nice. Maybe not perfect (Daisy was dumb sometimes and her vulnerability annoyed me a little) maybe not always exciting or even compelling but I ended up liking it anyway. Daisy, which is a crappy name for a hell-spawn, was kind of simple and a little incompetent too. I didn't expect her to be some bad-ass woman with amazing survival skills being a file-clerk for the Police Department but I did expect better from an agent of Hel. There is no reasonable excuse for it either considering she's been doing the job for a couple years too. The whole kidnapping thing was a clusterf*ck of epic proportions. Her damsel in distress act really bothered me to no end. I still can't believe she needed such rescue and her little stunt with the emotions of the ghouls didn't make it right either. Just kinda glossed it over. I really hope she pulls her act together sooner or later. She needs to learn to defend herself instead of only relying in her position as Hel's agent. Grow some b*lls or something. The rest of the characters? I liked the diversity and I really liked the world-building. It was different and well done. I saw myself cheering for the monsters and as well as the humans and that is good writing right there. I specially liked Stephan and Lu. Cody, not so much. The whole pack thing always pisses me off even tho I understand it. Good HEA.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment