Black Wings by Christina Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Am I the only disgusted by the amount of entitlement all these men have in this book? I mean it is very disturbing to see this kind of thinking, specially in today's society. Who in their right minds think it's sexy or wanted? Am I alone in this? 'Cause just the thought of some *sshole I don't know forcing me to marry some boot-licking pretentious f*ck completely turns my stomach. I mean, I liked Maddy. For someone who had no idea what she was doing I think she adjusted remarkably well. She was kick-ass but not infuriatingly so. The "romance" between her and Gabriel was expected but it was not overly done so I'm not pissed but Azazel, Nathaniel and Lucifer? They pissed me off to no end. Even more than the bad guys and I think that is something very surreal. Everyone seems to be thrilled to have found her but not for her but because of what she can do for them. I, for one, am not thrilled by this development. I don't even like Lucifer and I almost always like Lucifer, even when he's a bad guy. I should be happy everything worked out, right? I'm not. I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am disgusted by these supposed superior beings. I am not impressed whatsoever and can only manage mild contempt for them.
At this moment I am not sure I will keep reading this series. I am not a happy camper. I do give props for the writing though. It was incredibly compelling and well done.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment