Friday, April 25, 2014

Review: Viper Moon


Viper Moon
Viper Moon by Lee Roland

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Blah. Such a lack of action sometimes I got bored. Severely bored. A bunch of scenes where they did nothing but drag their asses from one location to another. Can't say I was happy with the romantic situation at all either. Besides being extremely disappointed and never actually understanding what she saw in Flynn, I also felt that Michael was much more interesting and captivating in his sleep that Fynn could ever be awake. So, for me, just the fact she choose him over Michael kinda put a damp on the whole thing pretty fast and early. I hate when the authors saddle us with "the right guy" from the start. Their interactions only made it worse each time. If I wasn't curious about the kids I wouldn't have bothered finishing. Not for them. I even liked Dacardi better for Christ's sakes and he was a crime lord! The climax? Did nothing for me. I even considered not reading it at 95% so you can see how much I didn't care.

Things I liked:

- Michael
- Dacardi
- The kids

Things I endured but would've lived without:

- Abby
- The so-called "Mother"
- The general plot of the whole book

Things I ended up disliking:

- The entire romantic plot of the book (Flynn)
- The climax
- Nefertiti's death

Overall? I can see the good for others but this was not a good book for me. I feel cheated of my time and I will not be following this series. Not even for Michael.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment