Cursed by Rhianne Aile
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Well. It was so predictable I want to throw up. It's all fluffy and roses and they're all so meek and calm when things are going so wrong it's not even funny. It's just lame and tiresome. Don't get me wrong, I liked the premise. I think it had great potential. The problem was the execution. It's so focused on the romance and the supposed "curse" that we don't actually get to know the characters in more than 200 pages. And when we do get some piece of the characters it's something annoying like Tristan's submissiveness or Benjamin's alphaness. Almost made me wish not to have been given anything about them at all. That's how cliché it was.
Tristan is the girl of the story. I liked him the first few pages and then simply couldn't care less. He's insipid, whining and doesn't appear to have any thoughts that weren't planted by Benjamin. And Benjamin? Oh God. He can't even bottom without his wolf going all alpha on them. Again...cliché anyone? Oh and the whimpering. If I don't read that word again is too soon.
Anyway...what really bothered me was the ending. That unsatisfying end that made me want to throw the damn book out the window. After suffering through this ill fitting plot and characterization I'm not even allowed a well written conclusion. Seriously.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment