Baehrly Breathing by Elizabeth A. Reeves
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
It's good although I would have preferred not to deal with another romantic triangle. It's so darn clichéd. Who do I love more? Who understands me better? Bleh.
But...
The characters, even tho they're not very fleshed out yet, seem to be amazingly complex and interesting. I think it will be nice to keep knowing them more and more. I also liked the plot and how it was written. Very creative and compelling. The world-building was incredible too. I was a little disappointed tho 'cause everything seemed to point to how bad-ass Goldie really was and then she had her ass kicked by an Ordinary. Okay, so the guy was a psychotic serial killer who knew how to steal magic from others but...she said to everyone she could take care of herself and then had to rely on Kodi and Donovan. Ha. I would've thought it funny if I wasn't feeling so cheated. She wasn't bad-ass at all. A real shame.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment