Playing with Fire by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
My first book by Gena Showalter and I was pleasantly surprised I liked it. I'd heard about some of her books and they never produced much of a curious streak for me.
I've learned recently that I can actually hate a book from an author I usually love reading. Take Jeaniene Frost for example, I absolutely love her Night Huntress Series but I hated Night's Darkest Embrace. I couldn't get past the first 15 pages.
In that line of thought...Playing With Fire is definitely great. It's entertaining, fresh and funny. There's enough drama and action to leave the reader breathless. The main characters are so enjoyable and likeable that we're cheering for them all along even when do idiotic stuff. The main character's romantic interest, Rome, is a hot mysterious bad-ass and what more can one ask for? I gotta say I loved reading about him.
The main story is interesting and I think it is good enough to stand on its own and that's quite a feat considering recent literature published. The romance is just a plus instead of being the main focus and I adore it.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment