Keeping Secret by Sierra Dean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
So...No cliffhanger this time. Not much of one anyway. I still keep wanting to read the next one as soon as possible though. These books are so damn addictive!
Secret's life just gets better and better. The more powerful she is, the more enemies she gets. I gotta say after constant betrayals I'd be pretty wary and tired of every f***ing person in my life but somehow Secret just keeps going and going.
Desmond's reaction to her werewolf marriage with Lucas was pretty understandable and predictable. C'amon! The man was always going to be upset by her wedding be it human or werewolf. A werewolf one simply stated more clearly she was Lucas that's all. No way was he gonna be okay by that after the meltdown he had when they mated.
Lucas missing his own wedding though...men. That was low! Yes, he sent Morgan to warn Secret without knowing she was a traitor...but flying to Louisiana on his wedding day without telling her! Leaving her to deal with the most expected ceremony of the year alone without a heads-up. Worse! Leaving her at all. Short of death there is no possible good reason to leave a person waiting for you at the altar. And right after she did absolutely everything for him. Wow. That was either cold or f***ing moronic. I'm thinking both. But more moronic would be to actually forgive him. Just saying...I really hope she doesn't.
I have nothing against werewolves per se but I always had a certain difficulty accepting pack mentality. The idea of being subservient to someone...just rubs me in all the wrong places. I wasn't overly thrilled by the soul bond and all that crap but I went with it because it was part of Secret and she seemed to enjoy the family concept even if their rules and laws baffled her (and me for that matter). She loves Desmond but also somehow loves Lucas and of course also loves the pack so she does what's better for everyone and mates with Lucas. Ok. Confusing but I get it. Not my preferred choice of events but...I could live with it.
And then Lucas never shows up for his wedding. Leaves her alone despite knowing there is someone trying to kill her. Someone who knows her every step and doesn't have a problem with public places! He leaves her f***ing alone to deal with a crazed werewolf with a group of contracted assassins trying to snuff her life in front of huge wedding crowd. Congratulations Lucas Rain! You couldn't have gone faster to my sh*t list if you had tried.
I'm not saying I trust the vampires...for instance I just know Brigit being a life locker for Alexandre Peyton is just going to backfire enormously. It cannot be helped. It just screams IDIOTIC! And Sig with his ulterior motives and all the crap he never tells Secret...but I honestly prefer them right now. I keep missing Sig. I like Holden too but Sig just seems too god damn fascinating! I keep expecting him to make some kind of move on her but he never does and it just makes me more and more excited everytime he shows up.
Besides...Vampire politics have been more forthcoming and simple than the Werewolves. I always thought it would be the other way around.
Anyway. Overall reaction to this book was something along the lines:
Oh. My. God.
Lucas Rain. You did not!
Wow. Desmond...that was low.
And...
Go Holden! GO!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment