Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Dark Time


Dark Time
Dark Time by Dakota Banks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



After reading the premise, my expectations were pretty high and maybe that's why I only give a three star rating. I hoped something extraordinary that blew my mind and it was simply good. The writing was slow and actually painful in some places.

The main character is almost three hundred years old and the author wrote in a couple flashbacks to help understand the personal story. Although it helped immensely, it also bored me a little. I liked it but sometimes the description of places and people were too long and dense. Kind of jammed the flow. I was actually caught skimming through some of it. Sorry.

Another point that bothered me was some personality traits Maliha presented. One would think three hundred years would teach more to someone, no?

And Jake? Way too mysterious for me. Far as I'm concerned one mysterious character is enough and Maliha already has that role.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment