Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: The Elsingham Portrait


The Elsingham Portrait
The Elsingham Portrait by Elizabeth Chater

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



It is quite different from the books I usually read but I'm glad I picked it up. It was a free read at Amazon and it's a somewhat historic novel combined with time travel, which I gotta admit I never felt curious about, so it was quite a feat to impress me but it did.

It's sweet, dramatic and interesting. There is no sudden burst of a happy ending or solution to all of the troubles. There is indeed a happy ending but it's different, not what the main character wanted. Basically, Kathryn wanted to return to her body and time but she only manages to have some friends believe who she is and her "husband" to accept it. She still didn't get her body back or managed to go back to her time. It is an important lesson to learn. Sometimes it is simply better to accept what you have and make the most of it. Although I have my suspicions she isn't much saddened by this considering she's in love with John (her supposed husband)...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment