Monday, December 30, 2013

Review: Under Wraps


Under Wraps
Under Wraps by Hannah Jayne

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Yeah. Two stars. Maybe I'm being a little harsh or even mean but you can't give me a whiny woman with no self esteem for a main character and expect me to like it. You can't give me a fallen angel for a romantic interest (a very annoying one!) who disappears for 6 months without telling Sophie and expect me to like it. You definitely cannot give a me a hot werewolf guy who really likes our heroine, have him kidnapped and killed out of the blue and expect me like it. I didn't, in case you were wondering. I really didn't. Amazingly enough, even though we never actually saw much of Peter (the hot werewolf), only what Sophie talked of him, I really grew attached to him. He really seemed like a nice guy. One Sophie could depend on unlike Alex (the fallen angel). That one? He really ticked me off. Sophie is pretty whiny and annoying all on her own but near Alex? She's a basket case. It's not even slightly endearing or sweet...it goes straight to desperate, obnoxious and nasty. She acts like she never saw a hot guy before. She drools. I mean, seriously? Oh and to make Sophie look like someone you really want to know? Give her no real social skills, some complex about her body, no sense of danger or self-preservation and no powers. Perfect. So is it really a shocker that she fell in love with a fallen angel who treats like a kid who needs her bottom wiped clean?

So, you ask me, what did I like? I liked the world building and the various creatures talked about. That's it. I continuously expected Sophie to suddenly smart up and do something to actually help save the situation but nope. Never happened.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Oh and the cover? Yeah. She never dressed remotely like that, much less touch a sword. She likes hiding under a bed though.

    ReplyDelete