Monday, December 2, 2013

Review: Possess


Possess
Possess by Gretchen McNeil

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Re-read. For the 3rd time. Amazingly enough I didn't remember much about this book. I had some vague idea about liking it a lot but not much about either the plot or the characters. Which is kind of weird because like I said before I liked it a whole lot. Unlike other YA's this book was pretty subdued regarding angst-ridden teenagers, for example. In fact, Bridget reacts and behaves pretty good for a teenager. I think the most teenager-ish behavior she presents in the whole book is that argument with her mother and the slamming door. In fact nothing else comes to mind and trust me I get pretty annoyed with that kind of thing so I would notice it right away.

The only thing I didn't particularly like in this book was the ending. First I thought her mother needed to know everything. Not only because it regarded her daughter but also because it regarded her husband and son and I'm guessing also her grandchildren and so on and so on. I also expected something to be done regarding Alexa and her family, specifically her father who helped Monsignor kidnap Sammy. It seems kinda idiotic to leave those two issues unadressed because they are pretty vital in the grand scheme of things. Just sayin'... What stops Hugh from getting closer to Annie and mess up her head against Bridget?





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment