Monday, December 16, 2013

Review: Buttercream Bump Off


Buttercream Bump Off
Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Well this book is as annoying as the former book in the romantic department but, in its defence, it did seem to have a better mystery to solve. Also the new detective and Steve's appearance did make my heart beat a little faster. Of course Joe's save of the day put a damper on my wild imagination but just the possibility made everything much more bearable for me. Too bad it never went anywhere. I just cannot make myself be happy for Joe and Mel as a couple. What's up with authors either making their characters too bland or way to bossy and unfeeling? Of course Joe is a mix up of these two cases...so bland I want to whack him upside the head one minute and bossy the next. On the other hand, the detective's tough act won me over in a heartbeat. So did Steve's charm for that matter. Really cute. I also liked Roach a lot. Hm.. bad boys, anyone?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment