Sketch Me If You Can by Sharon Pape
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Even though this book is good enough to make me curious to read the next installment it isn't enough for me to pay the $7.99 it costs. Meaning? The characters were funny and interesting enough. The story arc is promising and I really would like to find out who killed Drummond more than a century ago. But, and this is a huge but, the story never did develop as I'd hoped. It was pretty underwhelming and flaky. Being a detective, even an artist, she is supposed to have some knowledge and skills. She had none. She constantly undermines her own authority and instincts, she dealt very poorly with threats and even more poorly with her own life, be it romantic or professional. If I had been her captain she wouldn't even carry a gun. She's that unsafe. I also find Rory's relationship with Drummond very lacking and even ridiculous. Same with her other supposed friends like Leah. You would think she would've told Leah her suspicions, yes? Nope. Neither did Leah bothered to try to find out more when Rory acted weird and refuse to tell her. I don't know. Isn't it also weird that she meets a guy in the house a woman was murdered and she never bothered to check him out? Just sayin', I pretty much figured him out to be the killer from his first appearance.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment