The Good the Bad and the Witchy by Heather Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Meh. It was pretty much in the same fashion than the previous two books, not bad but not great either. I still like the main character though I would strongly advise her to get some training regarding her PI license. She's very good finding secrets but terrible keeping herself safe. A change might be in order, just in case.
Still not impressed with Nick although I did like finally seeing some of his perfectness marred a little. I keep hoping he wakes up and finally gets interesting but, alas, it doesn't seem to be in the plans. I also keep thinking he's somewhat making me waste my time with him. He's so...bland. Jesus. No excitement or passion. It's disappointing to see such a great main character with someone like him. His only saving grace seems to be his daughter honestly. And this story with Glinda doesn't win any points with me. I think it's just a way to try to make the readers view Nick like some great romantic interest which I really don't currently. In my opinion Darcy needs to get her training as a PI (even if she doesn't particularly intend on using it) and find someone who, not only supports her (something Nick actually does well) but also makes her want to live things to the fullest, to really live. Someone who challenges her (Nick doesn't - he's more like a nice ornament on the wall) and someone not afraid to embrace all her quirks. Until said person shows up or Nick suddenly does a 180ยบ...I'm not impressed.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment