Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Squeak And A Roar


Squeak And A Roar
Squeak And A Roar by Joyee Flynn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I'm still laughing out loud about the idea of a lion mating a mouse but I can't say it didn't work. Gavin actually acted like an alpha male! I think it wasn't perfect...somehow the author still managed to make him full of angst and insecurities but he was the better written guy so far. He didn't cry, he didn't pout or whimpered much and he was assertive in his opinions and power. With this author that's all we can ask for. Ant managed to act like a mouse shifter without being annoying, dependent and obnoxiously clingy so I think this was actually a success character-wise. The writing still has a long way to go though. I still see a lot of trouble with formatting and grammar. The pace also needs to slow down. It would work better considering the development.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment