Saturday, July 27, 2013

Review: The Devil Was an Angel


The Devil Was an Angel
The Devil Was an Angel by J.L. Murray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Damn. Another awesome book and now I have to wait a year for the next one. What can I say? This was brilliant as always. I simply love this story. Niki is one of my favourite characters and the more I know about her, Lucifer and Gage, the more I want to read about them. They are absolutely fascinating and the main plot is creative, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. I honestly thought this one was going to be hard for me after Sam's death. I thought this story simply wouldn't be able to recover from such a loss and I would end up giving up the whole thing. I'm now glad I didn't. Unlike other
readers, I'm not surprised by Niki's interest in Lucifer. For one, I love Lucifer. I'm always curious about books where authors dare to write about him. Second, I was crazy about Sam but I did wonder about a lot of things he said and did. I always had an impression that he didn't really showed his true colours to Niki. I was really sad to know how far he took things with her. Really messed up so I can't say I'm not rooting for Lucifer. He's crazy but nevertheless seems the more normal character we've had for awhile. They seem good together. Can't wait to learn more. Of course her new powers have to be mentioned as well...a mixture of bad-ass with messed up, I think. God. 2014 looks like a thousand years away. I want that book now!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment